December 17, 2011 I missed the "Cindy" Lou Who workout on Thursday... so I knew Saturday morning I was in for it... Cindy is one of those WOD's that you love to hate! After being at the gym with KP on Friday morning, I knew my arms were going to be jello at the end of the workout (and the rest of the weekend). But I was really looking forward to it. What I did have to do today was something that I have been sort of dreading. K mentioned to me last week while I was doing pushups in a previous workout, that when I get tired I tend to lead with my chin into the pushup. Almost like I am trying to fake myself out to feel like I am getting my chest closer to the ground than I really am. Not good... but really, quite true after she mentioned it and I paid attention to it. I am good for the first set usually... or at least 20 of them (not necessarily in a row, but before I get tired and dont get my chest down). We talked that day and she told me I should do a strict pushup to...
September 15, 2011 Last night when I got home I was so excited to finally get the chance to watch The 2011 CrossFit Games on ESPN2!! To get the chance to watch such elite athletes compete is such a fantastic opportunity! Last night they had the first two events for 49 men and 47 women who qualified fort he games. I watched with awe as they totally hammered the workouts. The first event included open water swimming which was never included in the games before. Many athletes struggled, but as I have learned in the very short time I have been crossfitting, crossfitters NEVER say they cant do something and always hit every new obstacle with a positive attitude. This is not to say that it wasnt hard for them, that some of them were scared or intimidated by this first event... but they all ran the first 50 yards into the water knowing that they were going to give it their all and put their best foot forward. The 4 events I watched were amazing. The abilities of these athletes is o...
August 17, 2012 Whats that saying? If at first you dont succeed.... CrossFit is amazing (have I mentioned that?). Every day I learn something new about myself. Some days I feel like an animal, some days I feel like I am indestructible. Some days I feel like I am a mess, some days extremely frustrated and of course there are the days that I am totally humbled... but everyday, every single day, I feel inspired. Not just by the remarkable coaching that I have, but by the skills, personalities and drive that I see in so many faces at CrossFit Wachusett. Newbie and Veteran the like, everyone is giving it their all to better themselves and being a part of that is truly one of the best experiences of my life. Today was one of those days where I knew I was going to struggle with a part of the WOD. My shoulders have been getting the crap kicked out of them for the last few weeks and I have just been pushing onward through the soreness like I typically do. Nothing is in danger of being ...
Comments
Post a Comment